Pest Control In Howard County, MD
There are many ways to deal with pests. The best, by far, is the use of pest maintenance to prevent pest problems. Our focus at Absolute Home and Pest Solutions is always to provide Howard County residents and business owners with the highest level of control by using all-natural solutions first. Let's take a look at how this works.
Residential Pest Control In Howard County
If you're raising a family, you want pest control that keeps your family's health in mind. The best way to demonstrate how we handle home pest control is to consider spider infestations.
- Spiders prefer to create webs in secluded areas. If they find dust, or the presence of spider webs, they're going to think it is okay to build their webs on the outside of your home. Our service professionals remove webs with a dewebbing tool and wipe down key areas where spiders may create webs. These work together to deter spider activity.
- Certain spiders create egg sacs in their webs. An egg sac can have hundreds of eggs inside. When webs are removed, this often has the benefit of removing spiders before they hatch.
- When spiders explore your home, they explore gaps, cracks, and holes. Our service professionals use exclusion methods to seal these potential entry points. Doing this creates a natural barrier to deter spider entry.
- If you have lots of insects around your home, you're going to have lots of spiders. It's a bug-eat-bug world out there. Routine treatments to landscaping and other key areas works to repel insects and prevent insect reproduction and development. When spiders can't find enough food near your home, they will look for another place to live.
All-natural methods provide long-lasting results. When combined with treatments that target the reproduction and development activities of pests, you get sustainable protection around the exterior of your home.
Commercial Pest Control In Howard County
If you own or operate a business, pest control is more than a means of removing nuisance pests; it is critical protection for your brand, reputation, and bottom line. A commercial pest control plan that puts an emphasis on natural solutions first is always the best way to go.
- Exclusions are 100 percent all-natural. Your service professional can seal gaps around utilities, gaps above your foundation, gaps around moisture points, and more.
- Your service professional will perform inspections and catch certain pest problems early. Spider webs will be removed. Wasp nests will be knocked down.
- Your service professional will share their findings after inspections are performed and offer tips to help you and your staff deter pests. Sanitation and general yard maintenance are examples of natural methods that can be applied.
- Your service professional will select products to target pest activity and address pest reproduction and development. Many of the products used, such as larvicides, glue boards, baits, and traps, are environmentally friendly.
At Absolute Home and Pest Solutions, we work with you to find long-lasting and sustainable solutions that meet the level of control necessary. Our solutions can be applied to manage difficult pest control issues and be used to protect sensitive environments.
A Guide To Effective Mosquito Control For Your Howard County Property
All-natural solutions work in harmony with mosquito control treatments. While the treatments provided by your pest control provider do most of the work, there are ways you can help.
- Remove standing water. Pest mosquitoes can breed in standing water and they lay 100 eggs at a time.
- Address moisture. Mosquitoes are attracted to areas of high humidity and some species breed on damp ground or damp vegetation.
- Address weeds. Mosquitoes eat nectar and plant sap for sustenance. A lawn full of weeds will attract these insects.
It is likely that you can sit back and let your seasonal mosquito treatments do all the work. But, if mosquito pressures are high in your area or conditions on your property are conducive to mosquito activity, it helps to be aware of the extra steps that can be taken to stop mosquitoes.
Are Rodents A Year-Round Problem In Howard County?
There are a surprising number of all-natural methods that work to reduce rodent activity and keep rodents from getting inside. You can do many of these yourself. But, as you consider the following tips, keep in mind that Absolute Home and Pest Solutions has on-staff handymen who specialize in repairs and exclusions. We don't just provide pest control in Howard County. We provide comprehensive pest solutions.
- Rodents use objects to help them navigate by using their whiskers. Remove yard clutter to reduce rodent activity.
- Rodents hide in piles of natural materials. Remove stacked wood, leaf piles, dead branches, etc.
- Rodents are attracted to the scent of garbage. Keep trash protected in receptacles and deodorize receptacles that acquire an odor.
- Rodents often exploit exterior holes that already exist. Fill in entry points and repair weatherstripping to keep rodents out.
For assistance with rodent control in Howard County, reach out to us. Our technicians use industry-leading control solutions and field-tested strategies to get the best results.